Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I lost my wonderful sweet little friend on Monday. The sadness is overwhelming. I am trying hard to work through this terrible time. I found this poem and it puts in words what I can't say right now.

Treasured Friend


I lost a treasured friend today


The little dog who used to lay

Her gentle head upon my knee

And shared her silent thoughts with me.


She’ll come no longer to my call

Retrieve no more her favourite ball

A voice far greater than my own

Has called her to his golden throne.


Although my eyes are filled with tears

I thank him for the happy years

He let her spend down here with me

And for her love and loyalty.


When it is time for me to go

And join her there, this much I know

I shall not fear the transient dark

For she will greet me with a bark.


No comments:

Post a Comment